Saturday 27 February 2010

~ Old Nollywood Glam ~


The fabulous movie, Glamour girls directed by Kenneth Nnebue in 1994 was the first big home movie 
success after the epic 'Living in bondage'. I came across this classic movie again recently and i was amazed out how sinfully fabulous the women in this movie were. It is not only a reiteration to me that modern fashion is merely an interpretation of the old but it is a revelation that Nigerians have been fashion conscious for decades. The movie features Barbara Udoh in a vintage, Balmain type Jacket which hollywood stars (like Beyonce & Rih-Rih) are rocking today. Ngozi Ezeonu, Gloria Anozie, Liz Benson, Barbara Udoh & Jennifer Okere are all ON POINT in every single attire. Forgive the bad quality, i could find no stills of the movie, so had to take pictures myself. Enjoy! 




















Love Love Love!!

2 comments:

Vivi N. said...

First of all, love your blog and how it's all bout the Nigerians. We the best! lol.

Anywho, all I can say about the fashion is, DAMN!!! OMGosh, let's talk about that green sequin dress! Or what about the pin stripe suit that I could so see Diane Keaton rockin'! The hairstyles back then are waaaay more fab and styled then some of the crap we see now!

Awesome post. Makes me wanna whip out "Nneka, The Pretty Serpent".

Nic Asinugo said...

Sorry for the ridiculously late reply! I don't get notifications on the comments! (need to sort that out) Thanks alot, i'm GLAD that you like it! Haha @ Nneka the P.S- till this day, I'm totally freaked out by that movie! lol. x